Questions and Answers
Questions and answers about The Farmers State Bank and The Fountain Trust Company's partnership.
1. Why have The Farmers State Bank and The Fountain Trust Company merged?
Both banks are multi-generation community banks with similar business cultures. Like Farmers, The Fountain Trust Company is dedicated to serving its local communities. Together, the bank will be able to offer its personal and business customers even more banking choices while maintaining the same personal, one-on-one service.
2. How will the bank merger impact me as a customer of The Farmers State Bank?
The Farmers State State Bank customers can continue using their checks and banking as usual. Later this year, customers will have access to 11 more banking centers, as well as a variety of personal and business banking services.
3. Will the name change?
Yes, the bank will be part of The Fountain Trust Company.
4. When will the signs change?
We expect the signs to change this fall.
5. Will I be able to work with the same staff?
Yes! You will still see the same friendly faces you know when you walk into your local Brookston, Battle Ground or Lafayette banking center.
6. Will my account number change?
No, we do not anticipate any changes to your account number.
7. Can I still use my checks and deposit slips?
Yes, you can continue using your checks and deposit slips as usual until you run out.
8. Will the banking center hours change?
No, the Brookston, Battle Ground and Lafayette hours will remain the same.
9. When can I start using the combined branches or The Fountain Trust Company and The Farmers State Bank?
We expect our customers to have access to 14 combined banking centers this fall.
10. Who can I contact if I have questions regarding my account or the merger?
Contact the Brookston banking center at 888-563-1905.