July 24, 2020
Per Governor Holcomb’s order, we will require a mask to enter the bank beginning on Monday, July 27; however, we ask that you remove your mask until you have been identified. For those who would prefer not to wear a mask, our drive up service will be available as usual. We appreciate your cooperation!
June 10, 2020
LOBBY REOPENING: All lobbies will reopen on Monday, June 15. We ask that all customers entering the bank practice social distancing. If you choose to wear a face mask, please remove it upon entering the bank until you have been identified.
Additionally, we will provide the following to help keep a safe and clean environment:
- Enhanced cleaning of our banking locations and facilities.
- Disposable wipes and/or disinfectant for frequent cleaning of high contact surfaces
- Hand sanitizer for employees and customers.
- Plexiglass guards in customer areas to protect employees and customers.
- Decals on the lobby floors for social distancing.
- Masks for employees.
We look forward to seeing you!
April 21, 2020
- Emphasize the words "Stimulus Check" or "Stimulus Payment." The official term is Economic Impact Payment.
- Ask the taxpayer to sign over their Economic Impact Payment check to them.
- Ask by phone, email, text or social media for verification of personal and/or banking information saying that the information is needed to receive or speed up their Economic Impact Payment
- Suggest that they can get a tax refund or Economic Impact Payment faster by working on the taxpayer's behalf. This scam could be conducted by social media or even in person.
- Mail the taxpayer a bogus check, perhaps in an odd amount, then tell the taxpayer to call a number or verify information online in order to cash it.
March 23, 2020
March 19, 2020
Like so many of you, we have spent the last several days and weeks learning about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and the potential impact on our communities. The health, safety and well-being of our staff, customers and the communities we serve is and always will be our top priority.
We are closely monitoring the situation locally, nationally, and internationally to keep our staff healthy and our customers protected. We are increasing the cleaning regimen for high traffic areas such as teller windows, check writing stations, ATMs and door handles. We are also taking specific steps in regard to our staff and their working assignments to maximize safety.
Should you need assistance with setting up or utilizing any of our electronic services, please call us at:1-888-801-8112.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Stay at least six (6) feet away from anyone coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching your face
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing
- Contact your primary healthcare provider if you have a fever, cough or difficulty breathing
- Limit your travel and exposure to groups less than 10 people